Monday, February 11, 2008

Revisting the Results of Super Tuesday

First and for most I would like to begin by fixing a big detail in my previous blog. I wrote my last blog Wednesday, however, I did not have a chance to post it until Sunday. By then Mitt Romney had freshly dropped out of the presidential race, and now the two Republicans that remain are Mike Huckabee and John McCain. Given this piece of information, Huckabee was able only to win 5 states, while McCain won 9 states. Furthermore, McCain had the upper hand on the number of delegates that were won, thus it is extremely easy to predict the Republican winner from here, and I have no doubt that John McCain will be the winner. On the other hand, the Democratic winner is far from clear. Clinton has won the vote of 9 states, while Obama won 11 states; also the number of delegates each won is extremely close. There is no clear winner here. Although numerous websites present Obama as most likely to win, I believe that Hillary Clinton is the stronger candidate in this case for she has more experience. However, I will refrain at this moment from making any further predictions about who will win the Democratic nomination, for I believe it is an extremely close race and at this moment, and Obama or Clinton could come out victorious. We will just have to wait until Tuesday to see who will have the upper hand, Obama or Clinton.

No comments: