Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Facial Features as a Determining Factor in Who Gets Elected

I found this interesting article and I just thought I share with everyone. I don’t fully agree with its main argument that physical features are a great way of predicting the next president, but study findings are amazing. According to the article, Australian university students and New Zealand schoolgirls were asked to judge photographs of the US presidential election contenders and rate that would be more competent. The results found that John McCain had received the most votes with Mitt Romney trailing close behind (and it is known that right after Super Tuesday Romney was slightly behind McCain). The study also found Clinton to be ahead of Obama slightly. Whether she is capable of winning or not, we will just have to see.

* I did not agree on what was said about Bush. Bush having masculine features which makes him a great contender during times of war? I don’t think so. Plus I don’t think that looks have much to do with who wins presidency. Think about it, how many US presidents were actually good looking. Besides Kennedy and Clinton, I can’t think of any others.

No comments: